ssd How to tell if your SSD has gone bad.

• Laroldski
  • Laroldski Profilbild Offline Författare till inlägg
  • Best Poster
  • Best Poster
    Enregistré

How to tell if your SSD has gone bad. skapades av Laroldski

Posted 2 dagar 1 timme sedan #3530
I thought I would post this because this seems to be happening more and more lately.

I don't fix PC's for a living but I do fix and build PC's in my spare time and I have noticed since NVMe SSD's have become more and more popular that when they fail they can make you PC do very strange thing's.

A customer of mine brought his PC to me because he could hear his PC powering on but he couldn't anything to display on the screen at all and when I say nothing I meaning nothing at all not even the Splash Screen,he couldn't even get into his bios.

When modern SSD's fail they can do everything from you turning on your PC and you can hear it running and not see anything at all on the screen,you can also have it so that you can enter your bios and sometimes you can see the SSD showing in the bios and sometimes it will not show at all in the bios.

If your PC turns on but you get no picture on the screen what so ever not even the Splash Screen or you can't even get into the bios pull the SSD and try starting the PC again and if you can see the Splash Screen or get into the bios now then your SSD has failed.

For anyone who does not know what the Splash Screen is it is the screen that's in the picture,the splash screen depending on the brand will normally have the logo of the manufacturer on the Splash Screen such as Dell ASUS MSI ASROCK and so on.

[img][img]https://i.imgur.com/bRgkdoE.jpg[/img][/img]
  • Please Logga in or Skapa ett konto to join the conversation.

• Laroldski
    • Best Poster
    • Best Poster
      Enregistré

Svar från Laroldski i ämnet How to tell if your SSD has gone bad.

Posted 2 dagar 1 timme sedan #3531
    Last Edit:2 dagar 47 minuter sedan av Laroldski
    Last edit: 2 dagar 47 minuter sedan by admin.

Please Logga in or Skapa ett konto to join the conversation.

Svar från admin i ämnet How to tell if your SSD has gone bad.

Posted 2 dagar 43 minuter sedan #3532
    Yes it is true that a disk whether mechanical or electronic, when it breaks down in general it blocks the boot that is why you have to put just the minimum (remove all the USB, SATA peripherals, ..) leaving just the memory, the graphics card motherboard CPU) to determine the culprit 

Configuration
    Asus Z790 Pro Art, Intel Cpu I7 14700K, Memoires 32Go Corsair DDR5 (6000Mhz CL30), Water-cooling Thermaright, nVidia Geforce RTX3060,  Alimentation Asus ROG 850W, Samsung SSD 990 Pro, SSD980 Pro, Clavier Roccat Vulkan , Souris Asus, Boitier NZXT H6, HP Creative SB Kratos Free Fibre 10Gb Cable CAT8/7, Switch 10/5/2.5Gbps, Casque Philips Fedelis.

av admin

• Laroldski
    • Best Poster
    • Best Poster
      Enregistré

Svar från Laroldski i ämnet How to tell if your SSD has gone bad.

Posted 2 dagar 2 minuter sedan #3533
    I have never had an older Sata Mechanical Hard Drive do this before and the same with Sata style SSD's,I'm not saying it can't happen with them as well but I have never had that problem with them just the newer NVMe seems to be a problem.

My friend who is a PC Tech and fix's many more then me said the same only the NVMe SSD's when they fail seem to act this way and the the thing's they can do are not always the same which s strange.

Svar från admin i ämnet How to tell if your SSD has gone bad.

Posted 1 dag 23 timmar sedan #3534
    you can check disk health via crystaldisk info utility

Download - Crystal Dew World [en] (crystalmark.info)

Configuration
    Asus Z790 Pro Art, Intel Cpu I7 14700K, Memoires 32Go Corsair DDR5 (6000Mhz CL30), Water-cooling Thermaright, nVidia Geforce RTX3060,  Alimentation Asus ROG 850W, Samsung SSD 990 Pro, SSD980 Pro, Clavier Roccat Vulkan , Souris Asus, Boitier NZXT H6, HP Creative SB Kratos Free Fibre 10Gb Cable CAT8/7, Switch 10/5/2.5Gbps, Casque Philips Fedelis.

Last Edit:1 dag 23 timmar sedan av admin
  • Last edit: 1 dag 23 timmar sedan by admin.

Sidan laddades på: 0.152 sekunder