Station-Drivers - Intel Chipset Device Software Version 10.1.18295.8201 WHQL - Page 2 - STATION-DRIVERS

Intel Chipset Device Software Version 10.1.18295.8201 WHQL

Plus d'informations
il y a 6 mois 5 jours #3161 par odiebugs66

Fernando écrit:

odiebugs66 écrit: Don't forget to use CMD from inside the folder to run the exe and use this command, - setupchipset.exe -overall.

Contrary to you I do not recommend to run the Intel Chipset Device INF Files installer, even less by using the suffix " -overall", because this way the user forces the installation of bloatware.
Proof: Count the amount of files within the C:\Windows\INF before and after running the installer with the suffix " -overall".

TY Deter, can you list one bloatware, too hard to see now with all the .net files and setup files, I'd need to do a clean install.. I only see setup and catalog files inside the intel installer. Personally I always manually install each root, sm drivers to all bus hardware in devise MGR, but didn't want to tell someone else to do it when -overall does the same. Thanks, next time I clean I'll check, and hope you're doing well and don't get the virus we're all looking out for.

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

Plus d'informations
il y a 6 mois 5 jours #3162 par Fernando
@odiebugs66:
I know, that many users of an Intel chipset system believe, that the Intel Chipset Device Software
a) is very important for a proper function of the Intel chipset devices and
b) needs to be updated as soon as a new version is available.
Since Intel releases very often (e.g. 8 times in 2019) Intel Chipset Device Software Sets with a new (higher) version number, these users install all these freshly released Installer Sets instantly, but are mostly frustrated, because nothing seems to be installed (the installer finishes its work after a few seconds without any further action). That is why these users force the installation of the complete INF files Set by using the " -overall" suffix. This way the installer shows action and the user is happy to have finally gotten the latest urgenty required "drivers" for his specific Intel Chipset.

The reality is totally different:
  1. No Intel chipset system needs any of the Intel chipset "drivers" for a proper functionality. These "drivers" are simple text files, which tell the OS, that the related device
    a) is from Intel and
    b) doesn't need a real driver (= *.SYS file).
  2. A new version number of an Intel Chipset Device Software Set doesn't mean, that many or even all included INF files are new or updated.
  3. If the user forces the installation of Intel chipset "drivers", which cannot be used by the specific system or are already present within the C:\Windows\INF folder, he will automaticly get a lot of unusable bloatware installed.

MB: ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Prof. Gaming i7, CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K, Disk Drives: 250 GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe SSD + 1 TB Samsung 850 EVO SATA SSD, Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 530, OS: Win10 Pro x64
Les utilisateur(s) suivant ont remercié: odiebugs66

Plus d'informations
il y a 6 mois 5 jours #3163 par odiebugs66

Fernando écrit: @odiebugs66:
I know, that many users of an Intel chipset system believe, that the Intel Chipset Device Software
a) is very important for a proper function of the Intel chipset devices and
b) needs to be updated as soon as a new version is available.
Since Intel releases very often (e.g. 8 times in 2019) Intel Chipset Device Software Sets with a new (higher) version number, these users install all these freshly released Installer Sets instantly, but are mostly frustrated, because nothing seems to be installed (the installer finishes its work after a few seconds without any further action). That is why these users force the installation of the complete INF files Set by using the " -overall" suffix. This way the installer shows action and the user is happy to have finally gotten the latest urgenty required "drivers" for his specific Intel Chipset.

The reality is totally different:

1. No Intel chipset system needs any of the Intel chipset "drivers" for a proper functionality. These "drivers" are simple text files, which tell the OS, that the related device
    a) is from Intel and
    b) doesn't need a real driver (= *.SYS file).
  2. A new version number of an Intel Chipset Device Software Set doesn't mean, that many or even all included INF files are new or updated.
  3. If the user forces the installation of Intel chipset "drivers", which cannot be used by the specific system or are already present within the C:\Windows\INF folder, he will automaticly get a lot of unusable bloatware installed.

You told me this maybe 10 years ago, and it's true, has no affect same as a switch, just identity, just like to see intel listed instead of micro for driver. lol You helped me inject raid option roms years ago, now it's the rst driver in uefi, I was lucky to find you an have told many about your site. Haven't stopped by from being so busy but now not working, and don't really need to peak transfers with running M2 raid.

Plus d'informations
il y a 2 mois 3 semaines #3709 par odiebugs66
Deter, good thing you always told people not to run the INF, surprised you didn't add it to reasons.
Before the 10.1.18 the INF had a flaw and Intel has corrected it with 10.1.18.
INTEL-SA-00306 is the security advisory. If you haven't mentioned it on your site
maybe make a note to anyone who might grab the INF from their older mobo, where the mfg
hasn't updated an realized the vulnerability.

Temps de génération de la page : 0.457 secondes