pci Important NVIDIA GeForce Security Update Driver v475.06 Windows 7/8.x (WHQL)

Replied by SM-003 on topic NVIDIA GeForce Security Update Driver v475.06 Windows 7/8.x (WHQL)

Posted 2 weeks 11 hours ago #2965

but as I checked the official release note PDF for this release on page no 21, GeForce 920MX mentioned in the supported list.
Although my GPU isn't 920MX, it's 920M, but both are mostly identical.

Mostly identical, but Nvidia doesn't include the DeviceID (1299) in the driver anymore, the 920MX is even in the latest notebook driver (555.99) included, but seems there are differences.
You could be bold, and select manually the 920MX in the device manage, but I suggest to make a system restore point  that you can go back, in case the notebook doesn't boot anymore.

Cheers
Tom

Already tried manual INF seeding before posting it here, but no luck. gave me an error at the end of installation process. 

System H/W Specifications

Last Edit:2 weeks 11 hours ago by SM-003
Last edit: 2 weeks 11 hours ago by SM-003.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello SM-003,

It is true that the driver is not compatible with your Operating System (OS), because you are running Win11 23H2 and this driver is for Windows 7/8.x.
That's why it is not installing on your OS.
by wiensha

There is no support anymore for the 920M, the driver above supports the 930M and higher.
Your driver is from Asus (425.46) which slightly higher than the latest version of Nvidia (425.31).
You could install a modded driver (445.87) from here , but you probably have to disable the Driver Signature Enforcement
Or you can search on LaptopVideo2Go.

Cheers
Tom
UPDATE:
Today, I tried the modded 445.87 you shared earlier two times,
First, over the  already installed v426.06, failed.
2nd time after DDU the nvidia driver fully from safe mode, failed again.

Just though to share the update with you as I told I would. 

Last Edit:1 week 6 days ago by SM-003
Last edit: 1 week 6 days ago by SM-003.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom

Hello SM-003,

It is true that the driver is not compatible with your Operating System (OS), because you are running Win11 23H2 and this driver is for Windows 7/8.x.
That's why it is not installing on your OS.
Hi wiensha,

as you can see we're already discussed this matter. It's not about Windows OS as I've already tried the Windows 10/11 version of the same driver that Tom posted  here  .
But the results are the same i.e. failed to install.
it's about not having the 920M  supporting device ID (i.e. 1299) in this driver v475.06.

Last Edit:1 week 6 days ago by SM-003
Last edit: 1 week 6 days ago by SM-003.

Time to create page: 1.140 seconds