--------------- INFORMATION ---------------

Station-Drivers only receives 50% in advertising revenue and the rest from donations so that Station-Drivers survives. I thank some who regularly donate €1, €2, €5, €10, etc. to me and whom I thank enormously.
Thank you for your generosity and your support in continuing my passion and being able to share it.

Fdrsoft

ssd NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Replied by Laroldski on topic NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Posted 2 months 2 days ago #2554
I don't know why but I could only post 1 link to the last message.

www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006101157870...arch%7Cquery_from%3A

I also really lie these JEYI enclosure's and they are built as far as the case goes and they are a bit slimmer and the aluminum is also thicker and mainly the back cover is way thicker,the one with the blue board is the 10GBPS model.

www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005977099067...arch%7Cquery_from%3A

They also offer this one that is the same but is styled a bit different.

www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005432952731...arch%7Cquery_from%3A

Last Edit:2 months 2 days ago by Laroldski
Last edit: 2 months 2 days ago by Laroldski.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by JustATester on topic NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Posted 2 months 8 hours ago #2574

I recently got a UnionSine NVME Enclosure, it's supposed to support USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 20Gbps (though I have no way of verifying this, as my PC supports a maximum of 10Gbps).
MPtool Lite shows it as having a RTL9220-VBB-CG, it's possible I missed it, but as of yet I haven't seen any other enclosures using this IC.

When connected to a 10Gbps USB port under Windows, it shows as SuperSpeed Plus (10Gbps) just fine (verified using both MPtool Lite and HWinfo)
Under Linux however it always shows as 5Gbps. Do you think it's possible this would be caused by firmware giving the wrong information?

I've dumped the config for anyone interested:
Warning: Spoiler!

Which Unionsine enclosure do you have,they sell 2 that look almost the same and the other is called Hiksemi and people get them mixed up,I own both that way I have 2 different looking enclosure's because I need a lot of portable storage space.

If you want the original configure file for the Unionsine and Hiksemi enclosure's linked I can email them to you if you want,I know they both have boards that are a bit different and they each use a different configure file,I know the Unionsine's that I got were still using the old version of the board with the last's ones I got and the led light won't work right if the wrong configure file isn't used.

I noticed as well that when I flashed my RTL9210 controllers with new firmware it would say Golden onetime and something else the next and still perform at the same speed,I have updated mine about 4 or 5 times as the newer firmware came out.

www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005057195255...arch%7Cquery_from%3A

This one , the 20 Gbps option - it seems quite nice outside of the weird speed issue on Linux and is completely toolless, it doesn't mention in the description at all, but it came with a (manual says graphene, though I'm not sure it is) thermal pad too.

I realised the board was just held in with clips and easy to take out/put back in, so here's a picture of the side of the board with the Realtek chip too for anyone interested:

A few of the packages here had the firmware GD file for RTL9220 chips, but I've not been able to find any actual firmware bin files available for it.

---
PC Config: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 (rev. 1.1), 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Samsung 980 1TB, HGST 4TB x3.

Last Edit:1 month 4 weeks ago by JustATester
Last edit: 1 month 4 weeks ago by JustATester.

Replied by spike_V_sky on topic NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Posted 2 months 8 hours ago #2575
@JustATester

hi, few questions for you :)
Can you confirm if the device has firmware upgradeable ?
The thermal pad included is standard and replaceable ?
Is real 20Gbps capable device ?

Replied by JustATester on topic NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Posted 2 months 8 hours ago #2576

@JustATester

hi, few questions for you :)
Can you confirm if the device has firmware upgradeable ?
The thermal pad included is standard and replaceable ?
Is real 20Gbps capable device ?

The firmware should be upgradable, it's detected fine in MPtool Lite and after I made a config that shows fine and it automatically selected the Firmware GD file from one of the firmware packs I downloaded here, problem is I've not found the actual Firmware Bin for updating it available anywhere so far (as you'll see from the screenshot, the firmware already on it is newer than any available here)

This is the thermal pad, I've not actually used it as my drive has been cool enough anyway for it not to be required - I can't see any issues with you replacing it if you want to:

The last one I can't confirm at the moment, it appears to have a 20 Gbps capable chip , but my PC only has USB 3.2 Gen 1 (10 Gbps).

---
PC Config: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 (rev. 1.1), 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Samsung 980 1TB, HGST 4TB x3.

Last Edit:2 months 8 hours ago by JustATester
Last edit: 2 months 8 hours ago by JustATester.
The following user(s) said Thank You: spike_V_sky

Replied by Laroldski on topic NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Posted 1 month 4 weeks ago #2578
@JustATester I don't have any knowledge of the RTL9220,from what I understand you can use the firmware tool that you showed to help you make a configuration file from I understand.

I think it was posted here before and I will try and explain it to you the way recall how to do it,please keep in mind I never had to do it.

If you open the firmware tool that you have with the enclosure plugged in and click the button that say's Dump and then a new drop down window will appear that will say Show Device Info and click on that.

You will now be looking at the Dump file which contains your enclosure's setting's as far as how long the enclosure may stay on before going to sleep if is not in use and so on.

You can copy and then paste everything that is shown there and then paste in Notepad if your using a pc and name it whatever you want with .bin at the end of it.

You may want to ask admin or someone else if what I suggested is correct.

For really good 20GBPS enclosure's I prefer Yottamaster over most because they use ASMedia controllers which I find to seem to have all the bug's ironed out them when they are released and don't often need a lot of updating.

I have this Yottamaster enclosure and the one in the second link as well,the one in the first link looks a bit like Optimus Prime from Transformers.

www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005905678774...arch%7Cquery_from%3A

www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005908687138...arch%7Cquery_from%3A

Time to create page: 0.980 seconds