ssd NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Replied by janos666 on topic NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Posted 4 months 1 week ago #2259
Yes. I tried both the USB 3.2 Gen2 (CPU SoC) and USB 2.0 (additional HUB connected to chipset provided USB 3.x) ports.
The board clearly goes into a "boot loop" (or boots and resets). I think this is because I have an incorrect config now.
This is the board I tried to flash. I guess I should have been more careful and realize that not all boards might work with all .bin and .cfg file combinations:
photos.app.goo.gl/kin7ttCgepyoz17PA
I contacted the Aliexpress seller but they can't provide any kind of firmware (including the original these boards are shipped with).
Last Edit:4 months 1 week ago by janos666
Last edit: 4 months 1 week ago by janos666.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by cyberlan on topic NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Posted 4 months 1 week ago #2260

Ok, It was a problem with the .cfg file.
To make it work:
- Dump -> Show Device Info -> Save
- Delete first 3 lines and all the lines after the empty line towards the end
- Substitute all the ":" characters with "=" characters
- Save as .cfg and use it in UTHSB_MPtool_Lite
Hope this is useful to someone else!

this tips solved my problem, to update fw thanks a lot, but the freezing problem after idle time continues
Last Edit:4 months 1 week ago by cyberlan
Last edit: 4 months 1 week ago by cyberlan.

Replied by janos666 on topic NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Posted 4 months 1 week ago #2265
Looks like my only option is to find oneone with an identical board and give me a config dump.
Or me buying yet another identical and do it for myself. -> What are my chances of recovering that way?
Last Edit:4 months 1 week ago by janos666
Last edit: 4 months 1 week ago by janos666.

Replied by on topic NVME USB drives Realtek RTL9210/RTL9220 Firmware Version 1.xx

Posted 4 months 1 week ago #2278
Hi, I bricked my Orico SSD NVMe enclosure with the RTL9210B.
I read that you can reset the flash memory connecting the 1 & 8 pin, but I do not which its the chip.
Someone can help with the pictures please?
Thx!
[img
by

Posted 4 months 1 week ago #2280
IT's usually the one with the hole and the one on the other side. Although, if you already over-written the config, I don't know how to recover from that.
Could you please sump your config onnce you get it into recovery mode?

Time to create page: 1.452 seconds